Voting + Election Information
Voter Registration Deadline: Wednesday, October 19
- Register online to vote (only if you have a Massachusetts driver’s license or state-issued ID) or download the form to register by mail.
- To check your voter registration status online, click here.
Early Voting: Monday, October 24 – Friday, November 4
- Each city and town will allow early voting in person at your city or town hall. For larger municipalities, there may be additional early voting sites, which will be posted on the Secretary of State’s website after the September primary election.
Last Day to Request a Mail Ballot: Monday, November 7
- The Secretary of State strongly recommends requesting an absentee before November 7.
- You can apply for an absentee ballot application by downloading the application form and mailing it to your city or town hall.
Election Day: Tuesday, November 8
- Polls open at 7 a.m. and close at 8 p.m.
- Click here to find your polling location.
- You may be asked to present ID at the polling location. Be sure to bring ID that includes your name and address. Acceptable forms of ID include: a driver’s license, state-issued ID, utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, or a rental or lease agreement.
- All mail-in ballots must be delivered to your city or town hall by the 8 p.m. on Election Day. Your mail-in ballot cannot be delivered directly to your polling location.